Tom joined the group in 2014 as a software engineer.
He completed his Masters of Engineering in Computer Science at the University of Bristol in 2008.
He has experience working in several software engineering roles across a variety of areas including industrial research, big data analysis, computer games and web & GIS app development.
Tom currently contributes towards the development of software to support the research products and help bring different areas of the MRG work into solutions for real-world applications.
Tom is currently involved in several flagship projects including:
- Supporting the collection of data in the field by assisting with NABU system installation and deployment
- Developing new laser driver software
- Developing software to support the data processing pipeline
- Supporting the research by developing new MATLAB scripts and software to process and analyse trial data
Find out more about Digital Rail…
NABU 3D Surveys
- Developing web control software for NABU platform
- Performing indoor and outdoor surveys using NABU units mounted to various vehicles and platforms
- Processing and analysing sensor data to present reports on survey results
- Designing new software to progress the platform further towards new applications