The New College Dataset
Mike Smith, Ian Baldwin, Winston Churchill, Rohan Paul and Paul Newman
The New College Vision and Laser Data Set contains 30GB of data intended for use by the mobile robotics and vision research communities. Our anticipated users are parties interested in outdoor 6 D.O.F. navigation and mapping (metric or topological) using vision and/or laser.
- Gathered while traversing 2.2km through a college’s grounds and adjoining parks
- 5 DOF dead reckoned pose at 28Hz
- Stereo imagery captured at 20Hz
- 5-view omni-directional images at 5Hz
- range and intensity data from two vertically mounted SICK LMS 291-S14 lasers scanning at 75Hz