ESP seeks to improve the state-of-the-art in estimation, search, and path planning. Our approach is to understand the problem fundamentals and then exploit these insights to develop better solutions. Current research includes
- multimotion estimation,
- next best view selection,
- high-dimensional optimal path planning, and
- unconventional path planning.
ESP tests its algorithms on robotic solutions to real-world problems. Areas of current interest include
- autonomous 3D inspection,
- aerial ecological monitoring,
- planetary exploration,
and any other challenging problems we find, especially for Flighty our new aerial robotic research platform.